Film Club?

HI IM GOING TO BE A FRESHMEN NEXT YEAR AND HAVE HAD THOUGHTS OF STARTING A FILM CLUB?
IM WONDERING IF ANYONE IS IN A FILM CLUB?
IF SO, WHAT ACTIVITIES DO YOU DO? FILM SHORT FILMS?
MAYBE FILM SPORTS?
????

I've never heard of a film club for shooting films, it's not like you can get together and film every week ($$$). You could definitely watch important films weekly and shoot when you had the money raised. You could also practice shooting scenes and zero budget stuff.

well I hope you dont yell in the club like you did in this post. If you're going to start up a club you should work on one project each semester and watch tons of films. both good and bad then figure out why they work and why they dont.

well I hope you dont yell in the club like you did in this post. If you're going to start up a club you should work on one project each semester and watch tons of films. both good and bad then figure out why they work and why they dont.

yeah thats a good idea..and yeah im not sure why i left caps on.lol

When I was in high school back in the late 60s early 70s we had a film club at school.

We would make 2 shorts each semester... and watched a lot of Marx Brothers films.
And other films.

Terry

Like the founder said, a good thing to do is practice shooting scenes. I try to get my crew together when we don't have a project (or I'll even do it by myself), and practice shooting a type of scene that is either a standard shot that needs to be perfected or a difficult shot I want to get dialed in. Use the time you get with other filmmakers wisely. If you've got enough people in the area to put a "Film Club" together that's great. Good luck with it.

Hi I started a art club before it takes a lot of work. I had guest speakers, that spoke about animation. What state are you from? I'm, from Mi.

Get speakers that will educate people then people will want to join.

HI IM GOING TO BE A FRESHMEN NEXT YEAR AND HAVE HAD THOUGHTS OF STARTING A FILM CLUB?
IM WONDERING IF ANYONE IS IN A FILM CLUB?
IF SO, WHAT ACTIVITIES DO YOU DO? FILM SHORT FILMS?
MAYBE FILM SPORTS?
????

Back