• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Feedback on my reel!

Good stuff! The only thing that I could say that you might have left out is a little more wide shots. It seemed as if most of the shots were closeups. Other than that, I thought that it was very nice.

Chris

well i dont know if im the one who should be giving out opinions sice im just a beginner but think it was great love the acting in it was quite surprise of the quality of the acting

was that just highlights of the series and where could we view the entire series if its possible i tried to click on ur webpage but its looks as if its only restricted to one single page without any other options

Good looking stuff, beautiful cinematography.

A bunch of the clips had the audio just through one speaker, may want to center them and re-export/encode. You have some good looking people acting for you and they are acting well too!

The titles during the clips darkened the whole screen, then there's a slight flicker to the exposure when the title goes away (and some grain) that's distracting.

and the music at the end was really loud compared to the rest of the reel, I was watching late at night with the family sleeping and it blasted out of the speakers due to my system being turned up to hear the dialog.

Hi,

Straight but honnest feedback:
Besides the points others made, the trance music at the beginning and at the end is something that shocks me. It´s that emotionless and fast, I expected a high paced action sequence after that. (And even there this sound wouldn´t fit, in think.) Also this shacking of the shots in the beginning is not that nice and out of beat. The Titels (shaking in) were nearly shown to short.

What might be questionable is the use of this reel. At such a prominent location at your site, a fast paced, short, brainbusting teaser might be better.

What got me personally stressed (realy expecting to get to know your work) is that it is edited to fast (for the shown sequences) to really get into them and to long to just get an impression. This effect was boosted by the fact that different parts of the film were scattered thrue the reel. A film teaser like (some few minutes) long edit of the single films would be nicer to watch and more interessting to get to know your work. Also the linking of the films with music destroyed some of the power of this simingly masterpeaces of film.

All in all you know what you are doing resulting in good films. The reel doesn´t match up with that. It doesn´t really tell a story/stories, nor teases it.

Hi,

Straight but honnest feedback:
Besides the points others made, the trance music at the beginning and at the end is something that shocks me. It´s that emotionless and fast, I expected a high paced action sequence after that. (And even there this sound wouldn´t fit, in think.) Also this shacking of the shots in the beginning is not that nice and out of beat. The Titels (shaking in) were nearly shown to short.

What might be questionable is the use of this reel. At such a prominent location at your site, a fast paced, short, brainbusting teaser might be better.

What got me personally stressed (realy expecting to get to know your work) is that it is edited to fast (for the shown sequences) to really get into them and to long to just get an impression. This effect was boosted by the fact that different parts of the film were scattered thrue the reel. A film teaser like (some few minutes) long edit of the single films would be nicer to watch and more interessting to get to know your work. Also the linking of the films with music destroyed some of the power of this simingly masterpeaces of film.

All in all you know what you are doing resulting in good films. The reel doesn´t match up with that. It doesn´t really tell a story/stories, nor teases it.

Thanks! Your notes were more in line with what my best friend who is also a filmmaker was saying about my reel. Thanks again!

well i dont know if im the one who should be giving out opinions sice im just a beginner but think it was great love the acting in it was quite surprise of the quality of the acting

was that just highlights of the series and where could we view the entire series if its possible i tried to click on ur webpage but its looks as if its only restricted to one single page without any other options

Hi, the reel contained clips from online series MY BROTHER'S KEEPER which can be viewed at http://www.mybrotherskeeper.blip.tv or at http://www.mybrotherskeeepr.tv

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back