Feature Film written-by/starring 14 year old

I was at Blockbuster yesterday, saw a feature film on the shelf of new releases, advertised as written by and starring a 14 year old. Can't recall the title, but that is amazing if you think about it.

wow! I would really like to research that film. Please, if you remember the name, let us know. Very impressive for a 14 year old to get a feature film distribution deal. Unless ofcourse, his family is involved in the entertainment industry :P.

"Purgatory House"
t90173w9nlf.jpg

Wikipedia info :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory_house

Neophyte director/producer Cindy Baer helms the quirky goth afterlife drama Purgatory House, written by the prodigious 14-year-old scenarist Celeste Davis (who also stars). Davis plays Silver Strand, a backward teen who, disgusted with her status as a social pariah and unfulfilled goth hopeful, decides to off herself. She winds up in a purgatory realm that resembles a sketchy juvenile-delinquency home, watched over by Saint James, a caretaker perpetually dressed in a white suit (and played by Tom Hanks' younger brother, Jim Hanks). Once there, Silver must watch the activities of her Earthbound friends on the "Earth TV" network, and is forced to wear the same clothes and makeup over and over again. ~ Nathan Southern, All Movie Guide

Running Time:
96 mins

Complete Cast:

* Celeste Davis - Silver Marie Strand
* Devin Witt - Atticis
* Rhiannon Main
* Ryan Wolfe
* Jim Hanks - Saint James
* Johnny Pacar
* Ben D'Aubery
* Jean Paul Toshiro

Director(s):
Cindy Baer
Writer(s):
Cindy Baer, Celeste Davis
Producer(s):
Cindy Baer
MPAA Rating: R
(Drug Content)
Technical Details:
Language:
Eng
Studio:
Genre:
Sci-Fi & Fantasy

wow! I would really like to research that film. Please, if you remember the name, let us know. Very impressive for a 14 year old to get a feature film distribution deal. Unless ofcourse, his family is involved in the entertainment industry :P.

Last edited:
Wow. Surely if she can do it, we all can lol.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for this film next time i'm in town. As well as the fact this young girl wrote, directed and stars in it, it actually sounds like a half-decent film.

Wow. Surely if she can do it, we all can lol.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for this film next time i'm in town. As well as the fact this young girl wrote, directed and stars in it, it actually sounds like a half-decent film.

I think it's worth noting that while a 14-year-old wrote and starred.. she most certainly did not direct it. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298120/ ). Which sort of makes the whole thing make a bit more sense in terms of how it got made.

Back