FCP Video Switch?

Video Clip 1 = CU
Video Clip 2 = Wide
Video Clip 3 = Medium

Have you ever had a problem where on the timeline Clip 2 which should be the Wide shot is showing the Medium? It reads clip 2 but shows clip 3.

In the same timeline a CU moves within the clip (it should be actress saying HEY) but it shows the beginning once the camera started rolling.

For most of it I just reconnected the media and it worked. But, if there were 3 snippets from the same take, I had to manually redo the last two edits.

Anyone ever had this problem? It's just weird.

That's very odd... the problems I've had with clips in Final Cut have been related to using an external hard drive which had gone into power saving mode, breaking the system's link to the clip... other than that as a possibility, I'd need to know more information about your setup to try to trouble shoot it.

The clips are on an external HD, so maybe that has something to do with it. It was just weird.

It takes me a little while to figure out how to remedy the problems. Most of the time I can (and did in this case). But, it just makes the stress a little more painful.

Just an idea. You might have reconnected the wrong file. I have done this before.

I have media offline, then reconnected the wrong file. And it did exactly what you are explaining.

If your post is what im thinking, then I think that might be your problem.

Nick

Back