FAN FILMS

I never really understood making a fan film. Its totaly unmarketable as far as getting any of your money back. I mean why not be creative and do somthing original and at least trying to get a return. Am I thinking to hollywood here? I just dont understand thats all.

Well the deal is I'm not spending really any money on this fan film I already have what I need. I just want to do it, and show it can be done right. I just want to make sure what lines not to cross so I don't get sued or anything.

Prototype3X said:
You can do just about anything but make a profit.

That is the truith. If you make any money it becomes infringment unless its parody of course. But parody is a thin line. Other than that you are pretty free to explore your options!!!

But see that is what makes it less attractive to me. Yes people have gotten jobs from making fan films but they also get jobs from making originals too. All I am saying is that you have a better chance getting ANY kind of success wheither its a distribution deal, a compilation deal (for shorts), or a job by doing somthing original.

I will admit I would love to make one myself. IF I had the time and money to throw away and/or already had my name established in the "SYSTEM". I would make a The Greatest American Hero fan film.
Well maybe I was right to begin with.

Back