Facebook numbers

I'm starting pre-production on a project and was wondering if anyone ever crunched the numbers on how many Facebook fans generally become paying customers - either going to the theater or buying a DVD. I have a fan page set up for the project and, obviously, I'm going for as many fans as possible, but from a marketing standpoint, I was wondering how to translate that to dollars.

I know that it all depends on my target audience, who I'm marketing to, etc. But I'm sure that somewhere, someone has the numbers to say, "For the most part, if you get X fans, you will get Y customers." I'm just looking for those numbers.

I hope the FB fans work out for you :)

I do recall reading an article lately that the founders lament the face they haven't been able to make any real money off of FB(now FB as a promotional device may indeed be a different story)

Actually, bookface has been in the black since last year.

http://www.marketingvox.com/facebook-sees-profit-on-target-for-500m-year-045281/

But to the OP, I don't have those numbers for you, but I do run a page with 35,000+ fans and while I don't post things for sale, when I post a link I usually get about 900 hits to it. Now that's just when it goes into their feeds, if I send an update out to their inboxes, then the turnover is way higher.

SuUUURREEE...make a liar outta me!!!:D

Well, there are some numbers for you then :)

Now I'm curious-I'm gonna fire you a PM Dready.....

Back