EZLeaves - Free software to design your laurels

http://www.moviesbymartin.com/EZLeaves/

I just saw this on another forum, and tried it out. It's great, and its free!

"EZLeaves is a FREE application that allows to quickly and easily generate custom festival laurel leave images. Features include:

* Choose from four different laurel leave styles
* Use any system-defined font
* Export to JPG or BMP
* Define up to 10 lines of custom text
* Full control over the height and font settings of each line, or you can use one font and color for all lines

EZLeaves runs on Windows and requires at least 1024x768 desktop resolution."

I guess it doesn't create 300 PPI images, and if you upconvert, it will be a little blurry. Made for the web I guess.

EZLeaves feedback

Hey guys, this is Martin Binder, creator of EZLeaves. It appears you guys downloaded version 1.0, and I have since released 1.1. This new version now allows you to:

* Export to JPG, BMP or GIF with custom quality and transparency (GIF only) settings
* Export to custom sized images
* Save and load image templates for later use

Can you please try out this new version and see what PPI the images are? I did some tests and the images appear to be 96 DPI, but not being a graphics expert, I'm not sure if DPI=PPI. Here is the download link:

http://www.moviesbymartin.com/EZLeaves/EZLeavesInstaller.exe

Let me know...thanks!

Martin

Cool!

Wow, that's right around the time I started getting serious about making movies. I've actually only been a WAB member since December 2007, about the time I was in post-production on my short One-Day Seminar. Being a Windows application developer by trade, EZLeaves was something I did to pass the time between festival rejections ;)

LIIFE

Yeah, it was my first acceptance and I got put into a tough slot...Thursday at 2:00 PM :) I had 4 people go and there were only 7 other people, so it was a little disappointing, but I can't complain. It was my first fest and I was ecstatic to be accepted, and I think it helped me get my IMDB listing. What was the name of your movie and what year were you in?

Last edited:
The "other" Long Island festival

Oh yeah, that's right...there's two. Funny story...I went to the opening night party for the LIIFE and ended up sitting at the bar talking to the director of the Long Island film festival. He was nice (the only person that talked to me) and explained to me the difference between hist fest and LIIFE. I believe his festival was starting up a week or two after LIIFE.

Oh yeah, that's right...there's two. Funny story...I went to the opening night party for the LIIFE and ended up sitting at the bar talking to the director of the Long Island film festival. He was nice (the only person that talked to me) and explained to me the difference between hist fest and LIIFE. I believe his festival was starting up a week or two after LIIFE.
Yeah he's a cool guy.

Back