• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Explore China

Haven't posted for a while, so here it goes:

Some scenes from a recent trip to China. Shot a commercial for big american shoe company over there, but this is just some footage that I shot whilst travelling from location to location!

Watch it full screen with good speakers, because the music rocks with a lot of bass!

Shot on RED Epic with Angenieux Optimo DP 16-42 and 30-80.

https://vimeo.com/67826743

Phil, sometimes I find myself wanting your life. :)

A lot of the rural shots seem kind of one-note color wise. Brown brown brown. But I blame the scenery, not the DP. Looked well-shot to me, I really liked the shots of the kid running. Had a nice atmosphere.

Yup, the running kid was cool too.

For the other shots, the tilts in particular, it just felt like random stuff and I had no idea if I was supposed to look at something in particular (I couldn't read the shot) and therefore I felt a bit bored.

Dready, it's as awesome as it is exhausting :)

I agree with the scenery. It's way too brown. It's a fault on the producers end, we should have shot 2 months later, that would have given us lush greens!

TheArtist, thanks for your criticism and input. Really appreciate it. This was all just shot in about 35 minutes overall spread out over a few days. What we shot inbetween the commercial shoots!

Watch it full screen with good speakers, because the music rocks with a lot of bass!

Nope. The bass is very unfocused and there appears to be a chirping/warbling effect throughout in the mid and mid high frequencies. It sounds like either a very bad transcoding error or that the track has been deliberately crippled.

G

Hey Phil,

Really liked the music but I have a soft spot for big orchestral scores :)

There were some lovely shots in there, especially the boy running etc... I was expecting it to build up to a big ending with some amazing shot but I guess that was my own expectations rather than what you were trying to achieve...

It did feel like a collection of random shots, but like you said you only shot in a total of 35 minutes :)

It would be great if you could explain a bit further about why you chose the shots you did? How you come to be in China shooting a commercial in the first place etc.... I think people on here would find that interesting.

Hey Phil,

Really liked the music but I have a soft spot for big orchestral scores :)

There were some lovely shots in there, especially the boy running etc... I was expecting it to build up to a big ending with some amazing shot but I guess that was my own expectations rather than what you were trying to achieve...

It did feel like a collection of random shots, but like you said you only shot in a total of 35 minutes :)

It would be great if you could explain a bit further about why you chose the shots you did? How you come to be in China shooting a commercial in the first place etc.... I think people on here would find that interesting.

Hey man,

Indeed, just a collection of random shots. I thought I should just throw something together and upload it. Might as well :)

I got hired by a production company based in China to DP their commercial for chinese television. Was a fun time!

Back