Equipment into the Fray

Okay, so here is my equipment list for my upcoming Short Films (plural because I don't plan to buy more until this lot is paid off). I'm listing this for informational purposes only as I know a lot of people have given me advice (very appreciative) and many others keep asking what kind of gear people use. So hopefully this helps someone, once I get some videos done (shooting next weekend) I'll post a few example scenes so people can see what can be done (by me anyway) with this kind of equipment.

Nikon D90 - Primary Camera
More Pro Nikon Glass then you can shake a stick at (but don't because this stuff is expensive).
Flip Ultra HD - Danger/Chase Camera
Manfrotto Tripod, Suction Cup and Mini-Tripods and various light stands
Manfrotto 390RC2 Video Head
H4n - Field Audio Recorder and Internal Mics for indoors (w/ control and DIY fuzzes)
DIY Boompole
Rode NTG-2 - Outdoor shotgun mic (w/shock mount and DIY fuzzes)
Rider Wireless & XLR Mic
Phone Shotgun Mic
XLR Cables
Sony MDR-XD100

I'm not going to list prices as depending on who you buy from and where you are the prices vary significantly.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just for comparison....:lol:

My kit consists of:

A Canon 900 zr camcorder
A Shure C680 Cardioid microphone
A DIY boom pole
A Primus Tripod with "level" issues
3 Table Lamps
Daylight bulbs

I am sure you are now shaking in your shoes at my awesome inventory of movie making excellence! :lol:

Seriously, that's awesome, Graeme-sounds like you've got some nice kit there! If you ever feel you want to donate some of it....you know get rid of it...I can it a happy home ;)

Back