• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Episode 02: Lady X (A Global Cooperative Indie Film Series)

LADY X
Episode: 02
Place: Hamburg, Germany
Date: June 08, 2003

Summary: Lady X surfaces in Hamburg, Germany where she passes on instructions to local Agents Nick and Liz. Their mission is to liberate and interrogate the mysterious Katharina whose visions hold a key that many are seeking, leaving Katharina confused about whom she can trust.

Check out Episode 02 at www.LadyXFilms.com

---------------------------------------------
Directed by: Steffen Werske & Suntje Freier
Director of Photography: Steffen Werske
Camera Assistance: Mara Busch
Edited by: Steffen Werske
Produced by: Steffen Werske
Written by: Melanie Suntje Freier
Still photos: Stefan Jarosch

Principal Cast: Pamela Wallentowitz (Lady X); Suntje Freier (Katharina); Till kraemer (Agent Nick); Heike Werntgen (Agent Liz), Kurt Glockzin (Priest Benedikt); Andreas Golla-Fedrowitz (the killer); Thomas Ritter (driver of Lady); Harald Büttner (Russian officer)

Music: Written and composed by Oliver Kölling (ClickTrack.de)

Gettin' Better

I liked this episode slightly better than the first one. Although, the first episode had better editing and camera work (especially when it comes to creative ways to shoot Lady X), this one had a better story, although it is not fully developed, and a better score.

The acting was so/so. Much better than Episode 1's actors, but still not terrific. The best performance was turned in by Suntje Freier (Katharina). Even though her basic motivation was to look scared and confused.

I would give the first episode a score of 4 out of 10, I'll give this one a 4.5. Not a whole lot better, but improving.

On second thought, I will raise it to a 5, because of the opening mode of transportation for Lady X (cool), and the distraction Nick and Liz encounter when questioning X's motives (funny).

Keep 'em coming, I'm enjoying it.

Poke

Lady X - Episode 2

Good: Locations, Shots, Concept, submarine! (Cool) Car, all very well done. Conceptually this was a good short. You did a lot with time limitations, locations, and trying to build an intriguing story.

Bad: Acting wasn't terrible, but it's wasn't believable either. It might have somethng to do with how it was shot. Actually the acting is not bad, it was just okay. Some of the shots weren't done to well and overall, I'm still feeling a cinemax-after dark type feel instead of a classy Lady James Bond.

Overall: Basically I liked it. But I must admit I'm not running out and emailing everyone I know to see the short. I'd probably give it 82 out of 100 or 8.2 out of 10, with 10-9.5 being excellent, 9.5 - 8.6 being good, 8.5 to 7.6 being average, 7.5-7.0 being bad, and 6.9 and under being "Don't give up your day job... ever!" hahaha. So you get an 8.2! So that's average, but I liked it!

pikachu

I missed the T&A!

elec_pikachu said:
I'm still feeling a cinemax-after dark type feel

There was nudity in there?!

Seriously, I felt the same about the acting. I agree that it was probably how it was shot. I kept thinking about Clerks and how Kevin Smith had his actors walk in and out of frame to save on film costs by only having one shot per scene.

I feel that this (Lady X) is supposed to be a stylish work, and the shooting of speaking parts brings that down. The first episode was style heavy with bad story and acting. Episode II has a better story and acting, but style dropped a few points.

But as I said before, I am enjoying it all. I think the Lady X idea is a great one. Whenever you can showcase no budget indie talent in a world wide spectrum, it can never be a bad thing.

Poke

Thanks for all of the comments! The filmmakers that are participating, are all having a great time and learning quite a bit in the process.

As each episode rolls out, I will continue to announce them.

Back