• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch EPIC cinematic longboarding (Need reviews!)

Hi! I'm new to the forum so please correct me if I do something out of the etique.

I recently released the first promo for my brother. He's really going for longboarding and we wanted to capture him at his peak. I've recieved tons of positive feedback on the video so far. Even by longboard distributers, and our ultimate goal is to get him sponsored.

The film: As I mentioned, I was going for a cinematic look here. The film focuses not only on the longboarder but also on the nature/scenery. Im obviously trying to get my skills out there as well, and this was my way of doing it.

I'm really hoping for some feedback here. Good or bad. Hope you can take 5 minutes of your day to watch it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-oA-U-As8I

Best regards,
Joakim Tychesen

Hi Joakim and welcome to da forums.

Overall,there are a lot of cinematic,good shots,very nice scenery - so well done.
However,I think the main issue with this promo is this: " The film focuses not only on the longboarder but also on the nature/scenery. Im obviously trying to get my skills out there as well, and this was my way of doing it. "

If it is a promo for your brother,showcase his skills. Combine nature with long boarding,as you have in many shots,but the shot from 1.13 even though is cinematic,is too boring. Once your brother passes through,he becomes a dot in the background. Make it snappier.

In the video about longboarding,I want to see tricks,fast movements,so I wanna hit replay because it was so awesome. Basically,my best advice would be to recut the video to 90 seconds at the very most. If the shot is borderline between awesome and good,throw the good away. This way you will have best shots,which will be very energetic. If the shot does not involve a long boarder either doing a trick or speeding it is not needed. Open the promo effectively.

Focus,recut and post again for more comments :)

Back