• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Enter the Streets of Myth

We had two great martial artists beat the crap out of each other in front of a C500 with Canon's Cine lenses and what was going to be just a proof-of-concept for a web series turned into a short film...

Check it out here: www.streetsofmyth.com/teaser

(or if you don't trust that, you can go direct to youtube)

All feedback welcome!! Thanks!

All feedback welcome!! Thanks!

I thought it looked well shot, a cut above 99% of amateur stuff I see and I watched it until the end. The choreography was way better than anything I've ever done but I have to confess I felt really frustrated.

The reason is that for an amateur shoot it's really well executed but I wanted the fight scene to soar when in fact, it's sort of OK but not very exciting. We are so used to 'amazing' fight scenes that an OK one just leaves me cold in comparison with pro choreography.

So if I may criticise, I'd ask you to really make it happen. Sure, it was nice but you've got the talent, the gear and the idea so I'd love to see something that really kicks ass.

That's a fair point, gorilla. The choreographer felt the same, I think!

The cast and crew we have are certainly capable of more, of that there's no doubt. We would need a lot more time (and therefor budget!) to let them reach full speed with a complicated weapons scene.

This fight scene is what we're capable of with three hours of rehearsal and four hours of shooting. If we want to really compete and show what we can do, we'll need to have days, not hours, of rehearsal and filming.

Back