Dumb Final Cut Question

Can someone explain the following to me please. It says it comes with "This upgrade version includes an original genuine Final Cut Pro 3 retail disk", yet it then says "Final Cut 3 original disk with Registration Key for installing FCS2 / FCP6 software."

You are bidding on a Full Retail version of Final Cut Studio 2 HD with Final Cut Pro 6

It is in mint condition! Comes in original box with all disks, manuals and documentation.
This is NOT an Academic Version

Final Cut Studio 2 is the Last Version that will run on both Intel Macs and PowerPC G5 & PowerPC G4 Macs.

This upgrade version includes an original genuine Final Cut Pro 3 retail disk. The version 3 disk has a valid serial number and is all you need to fully install the software. There are no future upgrade limitations. Do not be fooled - Academic versions cannot be upgraded.

You may use this software package to upgrade to any later version of Final Cut Studio / Final Cut Pro and save hundreds of dollars.

Includes:
Registration Key for Final Cut Studio 2 / Final Cut Pro 6
Final Cut 3 original disk with Registration Key for installing FCS2 / FCP6 software.

All Original DVDs:
Final Cut Studio Install Disk
Final Cut Studio Audio Content 1
Final Cut Studio Audio Content 2
Final Cut Studio Audio Content 3
Final Cut Studio DVD Studio Pro Content
Final Cut Studio LiveType Media 1
Final Cut Studio LiveType Media 2
Final Cut Studio Motion Content
Apple Pro Training FCS DVD Tutorial

Do all Final Cut Studio 2 HD that do not include Final Cut Pro 7 have Final Cut Pro 6? If they do, it will be easier to get. I already called Apple, and they didn't know.

Sounds like they're selling you an upgrade package. I have an upgrade package and you need to enter both the original Final Cut serial number and the upgrade serial number.

You should check into whether or not you can upgrade form the upgrade as that may be prohibitive in the future, but the upgrade is the same package except for the one extra step in the install process.

Studio 1 had final cut 5.1 (this is what I have)
Studio 2 came out with 6 (not sure how 7 came into play at all, I'm still on FCS1)

Studio 2 is the last version to run on the older PPC architecture machines... and the first to include color (although I'm not sure if intel machines were required to run them... spinner is on this version on a ppc laptop, you could PM her and ask).

Back