• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign Door To Door crowdfunding campaign

Hi, My name is Justin Collins, writer/director of our new dark comedy short, Door to Door. This film follows a day in the life of an underperforming salesman named Jack, who knocks on the door of a man hiding a dark secret. Our goal is to raise 6,000 dollars in order to get through principal photography. We plan to shoot mid-August and have the film out by early November. At the moment we are in preproduction. We already have a full crew ready to shoot, and we are currently going through the casting process.

So why do I want to make this film?

Dark comedy has always been one of my favorite genre of films. I think dark comedy is the best way to explore issues in our society and culture through the way of laughter. For me, being able to look at an issue, get laughter out of it and a have new understanding of that issue is the best way to look at society.

So if you want to help my vision come true, the Door to Door production team and I would really appreciate it if you would contribute to our campaign.

Sincerely,
Justin Collins

https://igg.me/at/e8OlK3dDSM8/x/26923068#/

Hey all! My name is Chloe Soltys and I am the producer of Door to Door!
The film is in a great spot at the moment, but it needs your help! In order to take it to principle photography we need to raise the $6,000 to cover cost of equipment/locations/set dec. This budget is solely to make Justin's vision come to life. It also excludes any pay for the crew as they are working just because they believe in it. So once again, any support would help do us wonders!

https://igg.me/at/e8OlK3dDSM8/x/26923068#/

Good luck! In my opinion, raising money from strangers and not using any to pay the people that make it happen is not the best approach. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck! In my opinion, raising money from strangers and not using any to pay the people that make it happen is not the best approach. 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for the input! As this is a student film we work as a university to help each other create our projects, hence them being excluded from the budget. This also explains our method being crowdfunding to support the film. No one is obligated to donate, but if they would still like to follow the film's progress, our instagram is @door.to.door.short -Hope to see you there!

That's the first mention of it being a student film. That case is a little different and your wording could use a little work! :) Your first post sounds like a chef that wants to open a restaurant, and none of the staff get paid because they all love his cooking! Good luck with it!

Back