Don't be dumb-dumbs, WB.

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-trailer-leak/

So, on one hand it's kind of a dick-move made by whoever it was that uploaded the ComicCon footage captured from their phone. A movie studio should be allowed to release their footage to the public as they please, on their schedule.

On the other hand, WB, you have to be smart enough to recognize that anything you bring to ComicCon is going to be leaked. Duh!

Lucasfilm brought footage that they wanted the whole world to see, and so they released it online to coincide with ComicCon. Smart.

Your thoughts?

It's not a dick move at all.. like you said this is par for the course.
The anticipate things being leaked and it's part of their marketing.

The far gloomier message for me, as this thing broke, was that the world of consumers now considers this shaky smart phone from the nosebleed section with tinny echo boom sound PoS perfectly normal content to watch and enjoy. I clicked off of it in 10 seconds to await the finished product on a real viewing device.

I am so obsolete.

The far gloomier message for me, as this thing broke, was that the world of consumers now considers this shaky smart phone from the nosebleed section with tinny echo boom sound PoS perfectly normal content to watch and enjoy. I clicked off of it in 10 seconds to await the finished product on a real viewing device.

I am so obsolete.

I'm with you, I did the same. Didn't watch the whole thing until WB released an HD version. I must confess, however, that I watched the leaked Deadpool footage, many times over, because it was so damn great. Am I a hypocrite?

I did the same...watched Deadpool over and over and OVER. Waited for Suicide Squad...because I'm excited and have been waiting for Deadpool for years, whereas even after the trailer I still don't care much about Suicide Squad. The point being, if I'm really excited, sure, I'll watch grainy cell phone videos Hell, the teaser being leaked is part of the reason Deadpool is actually being made in the first place. It doesn't mean I won't watch it more often when a high quality version appears (again, see last summer's Deadpool leak) and sure I'd love to be able to see it at ComicCon. But I'll take what I can get.

...so can I have a Squirrel Girl movie next?

Aw crap - my entire response was about the technically hideous leaked "Deadpool" trailer - I should have read OP closer.

I didn't even know the Suicide Squad thing was leaked, prior. Didn't care, not a DC guy and the whole thing feels very "Lets hurry up and do a super ensemble cast movie like Marvel" per the DC norm... including those bizzaro world cloned Marvel characters. Again probably just me.

Back