• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dog Day

Amazing visuals!
I could hardly hear the conversation between the children playing with the gun...

I don't like films, in which children play with a real gun, but it was well shot...

It had a very Shane Meadows sort of feel to it which I guess is an unavoidable by-product of living in the Midlands. But that's a good thing in my book ;)

The sound needs work because the atmos track flitted in and out and some of the dialogue wasn't properly covered.

I really liked the wideshots and some of the camera work was really good (did you have a crane?) but there were discrepancies between some of the cuts that were a little grating, as though the lighting were changing. Did you shoot this with two different makes of camera?

Also, there's a reflection in the eye of the dog that looks like someone sitting down. Is that a little continuity error or am I seeing it wrong. The dog was a star by the way :)

But all in all I liked it. It's exactly the sort of short the we Brits love and I'm sure it'll be a great calling card.

It was shot well and the story kept me interested. My problem is that you ended it before the third act. You had a nice establishment of character with the cocky kid and the two followers. His arrogance is what actually got the dog shot (since he said the bullet would never make it and the kids believed him). The cocky kid kept up his selfish nature blaming the incident on the younger kid. When he was finally in his darkest place (about to kill the animal) you end it. I really enjoyed the story, but then I missed the resolution. Leaves the audience feeling like they have not finished it.

The audio levels were a bit low as well, but I managed to make out most of it with the sound all the way up.

It was a pretty stressful shoot, with having to take care of the 3 kids and a dog chasing them around for a few days (also contending with an angry farmer and heard of cows), the weather also wasn't on our side with one day of it being sunny and the next day overcast. Though the location is visually appealing, it was next to east midlands air port so every ten minutes we had planes flying over which messed up with recording the dialogue. Thank you for your comments!

Back