• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Does anybody want to help write a short?

I have a big project that I'm working on, but after failing miserably filming the first scene I decided to create 3 shorts around the same character to give myself and my small crew practice before we move on to the real work.

I'm not very good at writing natural dialogue, and if someone is interested in turning my idea into a script I would appreciate it greatly. I can't pay (and I won't sorry), but since this is a practice piece for me, it might be a good bit of practice for somebody else as well. If it's a success, then maybe some work would trickle down to my bigger project.

I won't be critical, and we may make some changes, but I'm really interested in filming something somebody else wrote.

It is an action comedy about Scott, a 24 year old recently separated Marine who is having trouble making ends meet. After trying to locate a job he discovers that monsters are real, and killing is what he does best. The first "episode" is Scott VS. Hell.

I can send more details if anyone is interested, and I'd like to start filming this short in about 5 weeks.

Back