Documentry

Hi,
I am a new film maker and planing to make a documentary on snakes of my state .....we have a famous snakepark in our home town and the director of the park is ready to feature and help me in the documentary
would like to know how do i start with it any ideas and suggestions are pleased and welcomed
regards,
Sikander

I am not too experienced but I am currently taking a class on documentaries. The first thing you need is a story, what are you trying to tell, is the park going bankrupt? You could use that story and then talk more about snakes, their importance, history, etc. How do you feel about snakes? Are you trying to portray them in a positive or negative light? show their importance? just show your state has a lot of snakes?
This is sort of what my documentary teacher would ask me if I presented this idea to him hahaha Answering these questions could provide sort of a skeleton for your documentary. Same teacher recomended Directing the Documentary as a read.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0240810899/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I am sorry if I was of no help and as I said I have nearly no experience.

Thanks a lot for your efforts gurellia and mimi actuly i will be shooting a biodiversity of a small rainforest in my state i have support of the forest department too will be shooting as soon as rains start in that area in end of may and start of june

Back