• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DJ Video

I guess this fits here...

A local DJ friend of mine is trying to get into the film "The Gauntlet" that they're casting over at yippi.com. To be considered he had to have a video to submit of him mixing 3 songs in under 4 minutes, and a few other things (like having enough people become his friend there, and having the most votes I think..)

Anyway, here's what I threw together for him.

Warning -- Audio Contains Some Explicit Lyrics
[QT]http://216.17.37.184/temp/funklord/Funklord-smaller.mov[/QT]
The mix was done just after the club opened, and I shot all the other angles over the next couple hours of the night and cut it all together. All the shots of his hands on the turntables are what was shot while he was actually mixing, they're synced to that audio (despite a place or two where it might not look like it..)

It's quick and dirty but it does the job.

The minidisc you can see sitting by the mixer was intended to get a good quality recording of the audio, but it didn't want to work right for me, so I ended up using the audio the camera picked up -- for high volume scenarios as this I've been VERY impressed with the internal mic of my panasonic PV-GS200.. which is what I shot this on.

Gotta love when the voice off screen tells him he's the worst DJ ever.. I swear, it wasn't me.

Last edited:
Back