• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Dinner" - Short Film

Hi all! I invite you to check out and review the short film "Dinner" shot in Cocoa Beach, Florida and recently accepted into the London City Film Festival.

"Dinner" is a short film that tells the troublingly amusing story of a skilled predator who preys on vulnerable young women, using an innocent dinner invitation as his lure.
Written and directed by screenwriter-filmmaker John Buchanan, the film is intended as an homage to Alfred Hitchcock and is inspired by the twisted adult short stories of the late British writer Roald Dahl.

http://vimeo.com/74917161

https://www.facebook.com/DinnerTheMovie

Per the forum rules, the short is PG-13 for a brief, inappropriate gesture.

Last edited:
Not bad! The concept, cinematography, and acting is great. Nice score as well (definitely some Hitchcock - Herrmann influence). I think that it was a bit slow though. The ending seemed a bit predictable. Knowing it is a homage to Hitchcock, it's obvious there is going to be some twist. Although I do think that audiences less knowledgeable of cinema will be surprised by a young actress being the actual killer.

Nice work :)

Thanks...

ChimpPhobia... thanks very much for the kind words. I am very proud of the film and it has already led to good news. It was just named an official selection of the London City Film Festival and will have its world premiere there October 26. In addition, it has attracted the attention of a producer who has partnered with me to turn it into a feature, with the basic story adapted into a clever remake of an iconic film.
For now, thanks again for the compliments. Much appreciated. I will post news here as warranted.

ChimpPhobia... thanks very much for the kind words. I am very proud of the film and it has already led to good news. It was just named an official selection of the London City Film Festival and will have its world premiere there October 26. In addition, it has attracted the attention of a producer who has partnered with me to turn it into a feature, with the basic story adapted into a clever remake of an iconic film.
For now, thanks again for the compliments. Much appreciated. I will post news here as warranted.

Very cool. I hope to follow your progress :)

Back