• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Did I write this scene montage correctly?

Okay so I don't want to waste space in my screenplay so rather than do each part as a seperate scene I wanted to write it something like this. Basically it keeps just cutting to a different crowd each time as quickly as possible. any advice is appreciated, formatting is off btw cos its copied and pasted:

Patrick laughs and looks back at Jake feigning disappointment, Jake is smiling.

PATRICK

Ignore him, It's just his sense of humor, It's a little stale. Are there more people coming or...is this it?

DANCING GIRL

I don't know, I just came cos I live next door.

Patrick nods, then turns and screams.

PATRICK

GUYS, WE'RE DOING SOME RECRUITING!!! WHO HAS A CAR!!!

Everyone turns, shocked. One of the guys on the couch, JAMIE raises his hand slowly.

ext. street-night

A grey car with darkened windows is crawling down the street. The street is packed with young people, excited and tipsy.

PATRICK

(o.s)

Pull in here man.

The car pulls in to the curb next to a group of girls. The window in the back goes down slowly, Patrick's face greets the crowd.

PATRICK

You dropped somethin' sweethaht.

Girl

(laughing)

Really? what?

PATRICK

Your standards I hope. My names Patrick and you're all invited.

GIRL

to what?

PATRICK

My party.

Patrick hands over a piece of paper with the party address on it.

The Car is now at a different crowd. A few girls and guys are sipping drinks. The window goes down slowly to reveal Patrick again.

PATRICK

Hey sweethaht, gimme a sip.

Girl 2

um...okay.

She offers him a sip from her drink.

PATRICK

Thanks but I meant gimme a sip of your bathwater, you're all invited.

The car pulls up to another crowd. The window lowers again.

PATRICK

Do ya'll know a bunch of people that have nothing better to do than to come to a party that may or may not be good with a bunch of people you've never met. Good. Cos yer invited.

Patrick throws a piece of paper at them and the car pulls away.

Back