• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'Diary of a Salesman' - Short Film

Hello guys

My name is Dennis and i’m an amateur filmaker and i have just finished my first short film.
It is made with no budget and with the help of many good friends. I worked 1 year on it on my spare time.

Synopsis
Michael is a salesman willing to use any tactic to close the deal. When the rush of seducing customers begins to fade and sales falter, he must consider his past and remember what is important in life.

Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odv-r_vPftM&hd=1

Thank you,
Dennis

Hello guys

My name is Dennis and i’m an amateur filmaker and i have just finished my first short film.
It is made with no budget and with the help of many good friends. I worked 1 year on it on my spare time.

Synopsis
Michael is a salesman willing to use any tactic to close the deal. When the rush of seducing customers begins to fade and sales falter, he must consider his past and remember what is important in life.

Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odv-r_vPftM&hd=1

Thank you,
Dennis

Speaking as someone who can identify with "no budget", I can appreciate what you did! :)

Now, was the shaky camera deliberate? Or just no tripod? I found it distracting sometimes while watching it.

Thought the lighting was well done

Doing the "talking shots" were good, I think if you're going over the shoulder for one (the woman) then go for both characters-adds continuity.

Your Salesman seemed to be into the role! The editing and pacing seemed good-didn't seem to lag too much from what I could tell.

I can appreciate no budget-relying on friends and others to volunteer their time and effort, it takes a lot of work, and can appreciate what you did here! One of these days my own shorts will involve more than one character lol

Well done, you've definitely got an eye for the camera and for scenes-a tripod would smooth it out, but otherwise good stuff!

Thank you

Hi

Thank you very much.

Some shots I should have used a tripod. Sometimes i rushed the scene because as much as i have good friend they still don't want to spend too much time helping lol. That's why it's too shaky sometimes.. had no control over that. I play the lead role as well as directing this short. :-)

I can appreciate that about the friends and not wanting to use up "time"-setting up cameras and lighting in people's houses for multiple shots might make them anxious

Good job, you've quite the acting chops! I do my own acting too (but I wear a mask and there's no dialogue in my shorts, so it's easier lol)

Back