DEVO

One of my favorite bands is DEVO. Who else here is a fan of their music?

I first came across their song "Whip It" at some stage when I was younger but had forgotten about them until years later when I watched the music video for Weird Al Yankovic's Devo inspired song "Dare to be Stupid".

The songs of theirs I enjoy the most are: Whip It, Freedom of Choice, Peek-a-Boo, Big Mess, Speed Racer, Beautiful World, Out of Sync, Working in a Coal Mine, Jocko Homo (both versions), That's Good and Time Out for Fun, Fresh, What We Do, Later is Now.

One of my favorite bands is DEVO. Who else here is a fan of their music?

I first came across their song "Whip It" at some stage when I was younger but had forgotten about them until years later when I watched the music video for Weird Al Yankovic's Devo inspired song "Dare to be Stupid".

The songs of theirs I enjoy the most are: Whip It, Freedom of Choice, Peek-a-Boo, Big Mess, Speed Racer, Beautiful World, Out of Sync, Working in a Coal Mine, Jocko Homo (both versions), That's Good and Time Out for Fun, Fresh, What We Do, Later is Now.

Love Devo. What We Do is one of my favorite songs, not just by Devo, but by anybody. I also enjoy their rendition of Satisfaction.

I will now have What We Do stuck in my head here at the office... and that's a good thing. :)

I was a fan long before Whip It.

What sort of freaked me out was when Mark Mothersbaugh moved into doing soundtrack work - RugRats, PeeWee's Playhouse, Rocket Power and others for Nickelodeon, plus network shows (South Beach, Sliders), TV movies and feature films (Dumb and Dumber).

From the 1980 film "Urgh! A Music War!" (BTW, 'Urgh!" is a great compilation of Punk, New Wave and Alternative bands of the era.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Q35e0-fPQ

Back