• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

devil faces effect

hey,
has anyone seen that new movie "the exorcism of emily rose"? theres a part in the movie where the girl is possesed, and she thinks everyone she sees is the devil. when she comes across random people on the street, their faces turn into devil faces. the eyes drone and become black, and their mouths get deformed.

i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to doing something like this.

thanks.

either lots of money to pay the effects house.. ;)

or.. two options:

Make up effects combined with morphing software (probably the easiest way)

do it all in post with something like after effects, combustion, or shake

From my understanding Final Cut is an editing app... Combustion, After FX, Digital Fusion, Motion, etc are all Compositing and effects programs... If you want effects or compositing.. you have to use those programs

pick yourself up some free morphing software...

then import the morph video from that into final cut and you should be set.. just get footage of your 'would-be-devil' doing the same thing (on the same path) with and without makeup, and pick a spot to morph it.. or even a crossfade would probably be alright, if they were perfectly lined up..

Back