• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DESTINY concept teaser #1 post apocalyptic sci-fi web series

Shot this about a week ago, keep in mind the series is still in concept stage and none of this is acutal footage from the series, just a small trailer to test what i've learnt about filmmaking and to give a tiny gist of what's to come. Any advice and comments will be greatly appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGltEiTFQJQ

I'm not sure how to feel about it because it's really lacking any type of storyline...

Okay, so the kid was going to commit suicide and then something catastrophic happens and then he starts running towards the situation? I'm just trying to see where this is going.

I know you said none of this will make it to the actual series, but even so , the teaser doesn't pull me in.
Can yh elaborate a bit more without giving away the whole story?

well yes you got the gist of it, although the actor is supposed to portray a 20 year old, which he is actually 20. The story is still in concept stage but what was intended by this teaser was that he has been on his own for a long while and finally just gives up on life, when he sees this beam of light come from the sky, in which gives him hope. The rest is still in concept stages so i haven't really wrote out what happens next but i have quite a few different ideas, this was more just to test cinematography and editing skills then to portray any story elements. I appreciate the feed back though!

Okay if you are portraying him a lonely, you need more than just two seconds of the guy walking. Also, if it's a post-apocalyptic time, I would think he would be a bit more dirty and unkempt. Also have him pull his pants up, it's extremely frustrating to see that when you are trying to sell me the idea that he is fighting for survival.

I think the visual effects could had been better, but I have absolutely no idea how to do any of that, so there's nothing I can say to actually help you there. It just looked really amateurish. As far as the guy, he seemed believable and had some decent facial expressions.

I like the ideas you have. Good luck with the project.

thank you and yeah it was done on the fly no planning or anything because i had some camera problems the day of the shoot and we had little time before i went on vacation, i will be releasing more stuff in the coming weeks.

Back