• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Demo Reel

Hey thanks alot chimpphobia, I was just reading about how to do that in another thread, it definiately helps to have the actual video showing in the thread!

No problem!

you_owe_me.gif

Okay, on a side-note, I love how glamorous you made RENTON look! Hehehehe.

On-topic, to be honest, I don't really see the point in a reel like this. Until you've amassed a collection of work large enough to make a reel dynamic and exciting, I think you might actually be hurting your chances of being hired, by using a reel that is, frankly, rather uninteresting.

Getting work is difficult, no matter your experience level. In the early stages, there seems to be a catch-22 -- you need to get work to prove what you're capable of, but you can't get work because you haven't been able to show what you're capable of. At this stage, you're much more likely to build your resume through personal connections.

If this reel is something that you're required to do for school, then my advice is that you add a MUCH greater diversity of footage, and make the edit WAY more dynamic.

If you're not required to make this reel, then to be honest, I'd just ditch it and keep plugging along.

Since you've been to Renton, I'm sure you know it really isn't glamorous really! There's lots of dynamic and exciting work on my hard drives, my teachers (and I) mostly decided these were the best ones to show, so I won't argue that point much.

I interned at Victory Studios in Seattle and Yes, filmmaking here is very competitive!

Almost done updating the Reel now since I didn't have time to make it much better while at school. You have some good ideas and that's the touches that I'm working on right now, hope my computer can hold through the exports

Back