marketing Dear All! Could you please advise me any source for information about film marketing and advertisement? ( For USA market) Thanks!

Dear All! Could you please advise me any source for information about film marketing and advertisement? ( For USA market) Thanks!

Money. But there's a REASON you don't see advertisements for indie films. It's a waste. You'd be lucky to recoup 1 cent for every dollar spent. If you can't get any free mentions on TV, radio, print, and no viral buzz, then you're out of luck just like everyone else who makes indie films.
money.png

But with filmspecific you have to pay to get the information, and you still have not marketed your film, so you are back where you started.
As mentioned before on this forum, try Filmhub.com or Amazon Prime. Both are free.

Last edited:
But with filmspecific you have to pay to get the information, and you still have not marketed your film, so you are back where you started.
As mentioned before on this forum, try Filmhub.com or Amazon Prime. Both are free.
Did Filmhub declare bankruptcy yet? Filmhub basically just puts your movie on Amazon and a couple of ghost town sites. So putting it up on Amazon Prime is basically all you need to do. Hopefully they don't eventually purge your title.
What rocket science is filmspecific going to teach you anyway? Create a Facebook page, a Twitter page, a website, blah blah blah.

Did Filmhub declare bankruptcy yet? Filmhub basically just puts your movie on Amazon and a couple of ghost town sites. So putting it up on Amazon Prime is basically all you need to do. Hopefully they don't eventually purge your title.
What rocket science is filmspecific going to teach you anyway? Create a Facebook page, a Twitter page, a website, blah blah blah.

That's the problem ain't it. You don't know what you don't know.

I went through a bunch of the stuff on there a while back and I've read what limited books are available on Amazon for film business/finance. About the best of the free information that I saw came from Stephen Follows. Most of it is useless if you don't understand the basics. It's not that film business/film finance is difficult, there's just so much bad advice out there. Pretty much every bit of free info I've come across will do more harm than good.

The issue with marketing is you need to understand the value of your film and to whom it lies its value before you can plot the correct course. I've seen some case studies where you take the wrong course and you can reduce your return on investment by 90%, if not more.

It doesn't mean that paid sources are always good either. There's plenty of idiots who have put out crappy courses/info to capture a few bucks from hopeful wannabes.

Back