Dark Knight Rises - Preperation

Any 1 as excited as me to see this movie?! I plan to see it at least 3 times...

1st the day it comes out in the morning, then ive booked to see it at the BFI Imax then Ill see it again with my girlfriend. cant wait :D.

Any one else made these kind of plans (secret cinema, imax, 1am screening, etc)? I never usually do this, but this this movie this is going to be that kind of once in a lifetime epic opening film. Wondering if anyone else has the same kind of expectations and desire to see it.

The only film I liked enough to go and see twice was Hot Fuzz. I'm usually quite apprehensive about going to the cinema for just the first showing- it's so expensive, that if the film isn't amazing I just sit there regretting it for 2 hours and can't enjoy it.

I was going to go and see Silent Hill a second time but I had nightmares for a week after watching it, so I just waited until the DVD came out.

I'm pretty excited about it, though perhaps not quite as excited as I am for the Hobbit :)

My girlfriend and I have been going to the 9am shows on the Saturday of opening weekend. We'll probably do that with this movie as well. Saves on the planning ;) The theater we go to had about 20 people for the early show of Avengers, and as that we both hate crowds, it works out well for us!

...and now I want to re-watch Silent Hill!

I was thinking today that I might play through 'Arkham Asylum' and 'Arkham City' again before I go see TDKR. But then I realised I'd only have a week, so that'd be pushing it quite a bit!

Anyhow, I'll be going on Friday night. With a big movie like that, I enjoy the crowd... More of a buzz!

And for the record, I thought the 'Silent Hill' film was terrible!

The movie looks good but a certain part of me is thinking it's not going to be top the Dark Knight. Nolan is trying to up the scale and make things bigger (football field exploding, large flying batmobile things, large scale fight scenes) that are just too over the top rather than exciting.

And no director can keep outdoing themselves right?

What makes it so?

that wasn't to be taken too literally as a general statement its just to me its gona be that way :lol:

The movie looks good but a certain part of me is thinking it's not going to be top the Dark Knight. Nolan is trying to up the scale and make things bigger (football field exploding, large flying batmobile things, large scale fight scenes) that are just too over the top rather than exciting.

And no director can keep outdoing themselves right?

Yea i agree it could be like that hopefully it wont tho. This is actually my biggest concern that the 'war/super epic' like stuff is going to take away the sense of realism that has run through the series so far.

Last edited:
I got invited to a press screening on Wednesday morning. Will be pretty cool, I just hope that I can make the time to go to it...

Chris Nolan said:
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro. He's just naturally funny and a real cutup, which is what you want in the Joker."

Sounds like at least one controversial cameo... :bag:

Let's just say I've never been more excited to see a movie in my life. Ever.

I saw The Dark Knight four times in theaters and God-knows how many times on DVD. I plan on watching this bad boy in IMAX at least twice. I've saved up for a while :cool:

I booked an Imax projection. First time in a IMAX screening room for me and I can't imagine a better suited occasion.

Can't wait.

What makes it so?

When The Dark Knight was released, we went to a midnight showing at one of the hundreds of cinemas in our metroplex. They were selling tickets for 12:00,12:01,12:02 etc at first to differentiate between their 18 screens, but by the time we got there they just told us to pick a theater. Every screen was showing it. People were running from screen to screen trying to find the best seats available, it was a little bit of chaos.

I've been to a lot of midnight releases, but never again like that. This sequel may be a repeat. I'm crazy excited too, but avoiding press and footage and talking about it. I like to be as surprised as I can :)

I avoided trailers like a boss.

I've no idea about the synopsis of the movie and no idea on in ts content except for what the film posters show (Paris subways...)...

The trailers make it look like 'Michael Bay does Batman.' And since, ihmo, Heath Ledger's Joker was what made the Dark Knight so good, I don't have high hopes for the new one.

I'll probably just wait for it to come out on dvd.

When The Dark Knight was released, we went to a midnight showing at one of the hundreds of cinemas in our metroplex. They were selling tickets for 12:00,12:01,12:02 etc at first to differentiate between their 18 screens, but by the time we got there they just told us to pick a theater. Every screen was showing it. People were running from screen to screen trying to find the best seats available, it was a little bit of chaos.

I've been to a lot of midnight releases, but never again like that. This sequel may be a repeat. I'm crazy excited too, but avoiding press and footage and talking about it. I like to be as surprised as I can :)

That's not the movie's fault, but the theaters'. They should have anticipated the need for a larger staff, one ticket-taker per screening. I've been to plenty of multiplexes that have handled it this way. And if I bought my ticket months in advance, to guarantee that I'd be seeing it on the biggest screen, you'd better make sure some chump who bought their ticket 5 minutes ago doesn't get my seat.

Besides, there have been other midnight releases that were much larger than Dark Knight.

Whatever. Can't wait to see it!

Actually that wasn't a complaint, it was a really enjoyable chaos haha. I wouldn't mind if it happened again!

More and more stoked!

Actually that wasn't a complaint, it was a really enjoyable chaos haha. I wouldn't mind if it happened again!

More and more stoked!

Haha. A few years ago, it was a complaint for me, when I bought tickets months in advance for the sole purpose of getting the right screen, only to have my plans ruined on opening night.

Since then, I've learned to become more Zen about it, and just not give an F. And yeah, that high level of excitement/chaos is the #1 reason to see a midnight movie, in my opinion. :)

Back