Cutting new trailer for just finished feature Kerberos - who wants to edit / play?

PosterPageSml.jpg

I am pulling clips from our feature KERBEROS to cut a new trailer.

Besides what ever I come up with, I thought it might be fun and educational to let others play. So many of you guys create awesome projects and films! There are some seriously talented people out there!

I get lots of great comments on the site and from the scraps we have put up. One thing that comes back is people saying it would be fun to have footage like this too work with and play with.

So thinking of having a contest - put up the same pieces that I may pull from in HD (probably 720P), probably a few gigs of finished footage from the movie that cover many different possibilities in an edit as far as tone, style, and substance, and letting people play.

Maybe let people vote on and rank, and eventually add the winner or even the top couple to our 'special features' when we release? create a site for all of them to play? Add an IMDB credit? A place for bios and links from the participants? Let people work in teams? Where and how to give best public access to the material?

So... what would make it even cooler? Without giving away the entire movie, what ideas on how to structure it? What else could make it cool?

Lots of info on KERBEROS on the web of already, interviews and reviews are scheduled...

I just put up a YouTube channel a few days ago and it is already growing...

All my links can be found on http://www.fuczm.com

Ideas are seriously welcomed! Lame? Cool? Sucks? Awesome? I do know there are lots of people who will want to play... even in our crew we half a dozen who are determined to make their own! I know this is not the first time this has been done, and I have my own ideas, but what can I do to make it more fun for you guys?

respects
Kely McClung
mcclung.kely@gmail.com

Back