• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Compositor/Post Production Artist Available for freelance work on independent movies

Hey some cool stuff there, checked out your reel and think it needs some tweaking to reach its fully potential. Perhaps sticking my foot in here but I think it needs it.

When watching the reel I was wanting breakdowns during each shot but you have put them after showing all your material. 99% of VFX reels will do shot>breakdown>shot>breakdown etc with your BEST stuff first and your not such good stuff last (note I didnt say worst, never put that in :P)

Any way do this and will keep peoples attention as I was thinking about stopping as I didnt know what you had done at first.

GL gettin some work its tough out there!

Cheers for the advice.

I tossed it up between having my finished stuff first, and then the breakdowns all at the end, or how you suggested, and after i saw alot more than 1% of reels doing this, it didnt seem like a bad idea.

Although saying this, I do think you are right and it would make my reel alot more gripping to have the breakdowns after each shot, so i'll probably incorporate this is into my new showreel this month.

Cheers

Back