Composer looking to build a showreel

Hi. I'm a pianist, a flautist and a self-taught composer. Over the past few years I've been learning by watching instructional videos, getting harmony/orchestration tips from my music school teachers, and mostly trial and error. I think that I've finally come to a certain level which allows me to enter the film industry. Of course I know nobody will hire me without knowing what I can do and how I perform.

So, I will gladly score some short films or trailers, even a feature film for free - all I would like in return is getting credit and permission to include fragments of your work in my showreel. I do have some experience in scoring theatre plays, but unfortunately none in film scoring so far. If you're looking for a professional composer, then it's not me. But if you're an independent filmmaker with little to no budget and want to kick your work up a notch with original music, I will gladly do so for free. PM me here or on Facebook to get in touch with me - I will gladly send you some of my previous works.

Welcome! In addition to what you're already doing, I recommend reaching out to 48 Hour Film Project teams. It only happens once per year in every city it takes place in, but you don't have to be physically present to produce the music. You can that from anywhere in the world with a secure internet connection. Best of luck!

Unfortunately rumour has it that SoundCloud is dying - besides that, it was carrying some limitations I don't really like, so I've withdrawn from it. Currently I'm working on my personal website and while it's still work-in-progress the only way to get to my example works is through Facebook/email. Shouldn't be long though before it's up and running.

Back