• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Composer for hire! Need completely original music for your film? Lots o samples!

Hi,

My name is Will and I'm a composer. I've been composing for video games for a while and am looking to get into film scoring.

To cut to the chase, you can hear various samples here (mostly for games so far): http://soundcloud.com/will_phil601/sets/compositions-71/

I usually charge $15 per each minute of music.

BUT, I am flexible. If money is an issue, we can easily work something out. If you have a particular budget in mind, just let me know and we can figure something out pretty quick! I won't let the music suffer just because of budget constraints... it would drive me too crazy.

Let me know what you think, and have a good one!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hey there!

I'm a composer/producer myself, so welcome to the site.

I have a serious question - how can you make a living by being paid only $12 per minute of music? Can you really be paid so little and make enough music to compensate, and doesn't the quality of your work suffer from rushing it in that case?

:)

I could swear I have read this exact same post before. I know I have visited the soundcloud page before, because I liked several of the pieces and made note of the link for future reference. Strange. BTW, where in KY are you located?

Haha, yes, I accidentally posted it in the wrong section. The mods removed the post, so I reposted it here. Which... I assume is the correct place?

And to answer your question, I don't expect to make a living off these prices. I just want to make sure it's affordable so indie producers with low budgets can still get original music. And it's good practice and good for resume.

To which you replied, Why not just do it for free in that case?

And simply because it's nice to get compensated something for your work, even if it's not much. If someone wants to donate extra to the cause, then they can if they want. If not, then that's fine too.

Last edited:
Back