• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Complex System: Sci-Fi London 48hrs Film Challenge Short

I have been looking to get down and make a short or two to learn, grow and enjoy. Then came across with Sci-Fi London 48hrs Challenge, thought its a good way to get my hands in it. Then got few friends on board and had new Camera to try it out and this is what we manage to pull it out in 48hrs.

We got tittle, prop and a dialouge to include in the film on Saturday 12pm(noon) and Submitted the film on following Monday by 1pm.

https://vimeo.com/97429426

Some details:
Gear Used: Canon 70D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Spider Steady Shoulder Rig
Softwares: Houdini, Maya, Z-Brush, Nuke, Première, Photoshop and After FX

Thanks for watching and any feedback is most welcome.

Regards,
Junaid Syed

Last edited:
**SPOILERS***

Beautifuly shot and graded, great sound, amazing you did this in 48hrs.

When she was running there was one shot that looked sped up, didn't seem right.

As soon as I saw the 2nd person in the forest I knew it was her. It didn't make sense (maybe I missed something) as to why she was there. Wasn't developed enough. Was it to do with the Neurological thingy that was mentioned.

Just my 2 cents.

Liked it a lot.

Shows what can be done with a micro cast (one), small crew in a very tight period - 48 hours. With a tight budget - no RED or Arri used here; whilst still maintaining good quality.

Congrads. :)

Not bad at all.

Sound was very good considering how much time you had.

As soon as I saw the 2nd person in the forest I knew it was her. It didn't make sense (maybe I missed something) as to why she was there. Wasn't developed enough. Was it to do with the Neurological thingy that was mentioned.

I got it when she showed up the second time, well, sort of.....

**SPOILERS***

Beautifuly shot and graded, great sound, amazing you did this in 48hrs.

When she was running there was one shot that looked sped up, didn't seem right.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback!

I feel so bad whenever I look that sped up shot and there are few other shots as well when I look up, I feel just closing my eyes amusing no one have seen that :P

Story wise: The motive was to keep story subtle and suspense, to engage the viewer attention all the time by some good camera angles, sound and good use of VFX. So the viewer keep watching film again and again to understand the core story.

Not bad at all.

Sound was very good considering how much time you had.

I got it when she showed up the second time, well, sort of.....

Yes, Sound wise I had pretty talented sound crew on board, but they so wish that they had some more time for it since they had to put everything together in one evening due to edit not being finalize until Sunday evening.

Gosh, it was slightly crazy but fun :)

Liked it a lot.

Shows what can be done with a micro cast (one), small crew in a very tight period - 48 hours. With a tight budget - no RED or Arri used here; whilst still maintaining good quality.

Congrads. :)

Thanks for very encouraging compliments.
Though I wish we had little better equipments then what we did. Since this was my first short so I kind of set that as challenge to go out and use whatever limited resources we had and try our best out of it.

Back