• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Complete, The Official Music Video

Hello IT Faithful. Here's the latest effort from yours truly - another Silent K Pictures production. Complete the official music video from my kid brother Knoxx a local (Harrisburg, PA) Indie hip Hop artist featuring his friend Solo Jackowski. The video kicks off the release of Knoxx's new album "Love's Reflection In A Broken Mirror". I am very proud of my kid bro.

I would very much appreciate it if the IT Faithful would give my latest work a view and share with me your honest opinions. It's the only way I can get better. I will be shooting one more video before I take on my short later this year.

Here's the linky to the video ---> http://youtu.be/FKR7QjrhoHg (HELP on the embedding thing. I know that The Faithful have tried to teach me how to do this over and over again. Sorry it will stick some day).

Thanks again everyone in advance for watching.

EDIT: I GOT IT! I GOT IT!! EUREKA, and stuff. Here's the embedded vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKR7QjrhoHg

Last edited:
Very mellow song. :cool:

The only suggestion I have, storywise, would have been to have not directly shown the woman in the beginning at all, letting the reveal at 3:20-ish be more of a surprise... 'cos as is, it's more of a reminder.

One editing note, too: At 0:29 our singer (your bro?) is just about ready to start. We should not be seeing him doing his immediate prepartion to begin, with the nervous nose-touch, settling in... and then starting. It reminds the audience that he's probably just like the rest of us... and mediocrity is no good for a performer.

When do you start the next video, and have you planned it out yet? :)

Thanks for watching and for the feedback Zensteve. Most appreciated, sir.

Points well taken on the reveal and the intro (yeah, that's my kid bro) - especially the intro because as I watched it it felt like the camera was on him more than it needed to be. It just didn't feel right. I guess that's an editing tip to use going forward.

I meet with the artist next week for the upcoming shoot. It will be my most challenging yet as most of it will be in a moving car at night. Luckily it's a music video so I don't have to worry about audio this time. However the challenge will be in getting the exposure and camera angles right. Plus in my next video I'll be using my new arsenal of lenses - the Rokinons, 14, 35 and 85 mm (my previous two videos were all shot with one lens - Zeiss 50 mm).

Thanks again for watching, sir. Your notes are cataloged and will be implemented going forward. hey, Zensteve, do you know how to do the embedding thing? thanks again.

Is this your first music video? If so, it's really good compared to 90% of the first music videos i see.

You and you alone have to decide on your style and vision but as far as some of the technical aspects go, i think you could improve it by colour correcting and grading it a bit.

Thanks, Ernest, for watching, the kind words and most of all providing me with some feedback. your time is most appreciated.

This is my second music video, and I edited it using Vegas Pro 11 and used the Vegas' native color correction filters. I am studying up on color correction but I am by no means any proficient at it yet (as is evident in my work). Grading is even trickier for me. I did some very subtle grading for the external shots by shifting the mid-tones to a slight blue to help emphasize the cold weather (I live in PA and it was very cold that day but the sun out in force that day) and the difficulty of my lead actor's journey. I didn't want to overdo things as that could happen very easily so I didn't push the effects as far as I could have. Perhaps I need to look at a plug-in to help me with this stuff? I am looking at Magic Bullet. Any suggestions on that or another color correction/grading plug-in? Any tips on what I could have done otherwise would also be greatly appreciated. I want to learn as much as I can.

As far as style goes, for this video I wanted the raw video-y look. Not sure why but it just appealed to me so I shot it in 60p and tried not to do much to make it look like anything else. I do tend to gravitate towards that raw, natural feel and look...I dunno why, maybe as my work matures I will find my way through this, but that raw feel does look and feel right to me. It could be better done of course.

Once again, thanks a ton for watching and your opinion, Ernest, it means a great deal to me. Now I am on to my next and final video for the year. Then it's all about my short "Deep Love" form there on.

Thanks, lauren, for watching and for the kind words. It was shot 60p on a Canon 60D. The song was all my kid bro, I'll pass on kudos to him when I see him. Thanks again for watching.

Back