Columbia Gorge International Film Festival (CGIFF) 2011 -- anyone going?

Anyone attending this festival? As a filmmaker with a project exhibiting or as a visitor?

I'll be there speaking with my producing partner for about thirty minutes on the topic of producing Big Ideas on Small Budgets. We'll be showing the trailer for our urban superhero feature that's in post production, possibly some clips, and getting into the conversation on crowdfunding and generally working toward building "high profile" projects as a no name filmmaker.

Would be up for meeting others while I'm in the area.

I know that the artist formerly known as Cracker Funk is screening Antihero there but I'm not sure if he's actually going himself.

Anyhow, sounds good! If I were a few thousands miles closer... well... you know...

I'll be there! Antihero screens at the beautiful Kiggins theater, Thursday, Nov. 11th, 9PM.

Kholi -- I'll definitely PM you so that we can exchange contact info; it'd be great to meet.

When is your speaking engagement?

I'll be there! Antihero screens at the beautiful Kiggins theater, Thursday, Nov. 11th, 9PM.

Kholi -- I'll definitely PM you so that we can exchange contact info; it'd be great to meet.

When is your speaking engagement?

Glad to see that you'll be joining us at the fest, man. It would've been a bit sad to not be able to watch people watching your first feature on a large screen, huh?

I won't be in town until Friday, then immediately talking at like 3:00 PM (If I remember right). I think Travis Zarewny (Director and Expert Set Designer ) will be on for one half hour before us, then we're on until four.

I can't remember the theater, though! I'll post it up here when I find out tonight.

If you have a trailer, maybe post it up so people can see what they'll be watching (or missing!) at the fest?

Anyone else thinking of coming out? This will be my first "real" film festival, personally... sounds kinda neat. Hopefully, soon, we'll be where CF is at and screening our feature at another.

Glad to see that you'll be joining us at the fest, man. It would've been a bit sad to not be able to watch people watching your first feature on a large screen, huh?

I won't be in town until Friday, then immediately talking at like 3:00 PM (If I remember right). I think Travis Zarewny (Director and Expert Set Designer ) will be on for one half hour before us, then we're on until four.

I can't remember the theater, though! I'll post it up here when I find out tonight.

If you have a trailer, maybe post it up so people can see what they'll be watching (or missing!) at the fest?

Anyone else thinking of coming out? This will be my first "real" film festival, personally... sounds kinda neat. Hopefully, soon, we'll be where CF is at and screening our feature at another.

Bummer, sounds like we'll just barely miss each other. I can only afford to take a few days off of work, and when it came time to purchase the plane tickets, I couldn't resist the temptation to spend most of those three days in Seattle (my home). I'm afraid I'll only be in Vancouver on Thursday.

Yep, the trailer is up. To be proper, I thought I should create a promotional "event" thread -- http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=33212

I'm definitely looking forward to the audience interaction. We screened it here, locally, to a little more than 200 people, and it was nothing short of a rollicking-good time for all. However, it's impossible for me to know how much of that fun is attributable to the quality of the movie, vs. the fact that the audience was largely friends & family (people who are geared to enjoy it, regardless). So, I'm eager to see it play in front of a more unbiased crowd.

Even though neither of us will be able to attend the others' event, it'd still be cool if we could meet, even if just for coffee. Might not be possible, cuz I'm sure we'll both be busy, but we should at least exchange contact info.

There are a handful of Oregonian Indietalkers. I don't want to pressure anybody, cuz for each one of them, it would be a drive, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad if they can't make it. But I can definitely say that I'd be very excited to see any of them (you know who you are).

Still another two weeks out. Just trying to help get the word out to those in the Washington/Oregon area.

Lots of good little movies playing for the fourth year running.

If you're in the area come around and check it out.

Still another two weeks out. Just trying to help get the word out to those in the Washington/Oregon area.

Lots of good little movies playing for the fourth year running.

If you're in the area come around and check it out.

Especially if you're in the area on Thursday, Aug 11th, at 9PM, and you wanna see a fun little comedy! :)

Just landed in Portland then heading to Vancouver.

If anyone's joining us it'll br a short panel, I'll make it as painless as possible.

I may also show a rough scene from the movie if I can decide on it.

Back