• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Cola Syndicates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE8QdFU5_Tc

Little plot; cola corporations have syndicates and send agents after one another; specifically coca cola vs pepsi cola.

It's looks like you had fun doing it at least.

It's a 2 minute video with an 8 minute running time. You need to settle down with the camera, grab specific shots of what you want to show and edit them together rather than waving the camera around trying to get multiple actions into every shot. Concentrate more on framing and getting shots in focus and stable. Don't show more than you absolutely need to in order to convey whatever is important about the scene.

And stop running around the street with toy guns. The last time I did that we ended up surrounded by a dozen cops and were lucky not to get shot - and that was way back in the day, before everyone got so twitchy about that kind of thing.

Framed poorly, shaky, and out of focus. The color correction is off, the editing (especially the audio) is choppy, the story is unclear, it is way too long, and the dragged out scenes and shots take away the humor in it. The acting, idea, and FX are excellent though. IDOM is right, you can get arrested for running around with fake guns. I knew a guy who had almost gone to jail for using fake guns in his war/action movie.

Thanks to both for the feedback. Honestly, we hadn't made a video in some time and I warned the others of the length and audio, but they wanted what they wanted. It was kind of to please them in a way and to see how I could start off with a new camera. Thanks a ton guys. And no need at all to worry about the guns, we alerted the block and had road stops set up: I honestly thank you for actually caring enough to warn about the risks, though. It means a lot.

That's very professional that you took the time to alert people, and get road blocks set up. Most people would not take the time to do that (which often gets filmmakers in legal trouble).

Thank you very much. How do you think we could improve our shots and filming? We need some help.

I'm shooting on a rebel t2i.

TC, are you in the Minnesota twin cities? If so, we're practically neighbors... and have a shoot coming up that you could sit in on to see how my group works.

Thank you very much. How do you think we could improve our shots and filming? We need some help.

I'm shooting on a rebel t2i.

I think you can improve by using a tripod or stabilization rig when using a DSLR for video. Handheld+DSLR=nearly impossible. Choose appropriate shots. Don't put in something because it looks cool, or it's "neat". Shots impact the way the audience views your film. The camera is the POV of the audience. How do you want the audience to view your story? Practice focusing with your lens, and get comfortable with it. One way to stay in focus is to zoom in on your subject, focus, and zoom out. Make the editing tighter, and edit out scenes that don't have any impact.

Not many good $100 and under tripods. In that price range they'll work fine for static shots, but they'll be pretty useless for panning, tilting, etc.

Might be better off trying something like this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/ERUNUN3F0ZSTF0W/?ALLSTEPS

That's a 'tripod' for less than $10... it's not really a tripod of course, but the principle is sound and will go a long way to helping you get more stable shots even when you shoot handheld.

Back