• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Close range aerial footage reel using remote helicopter

https://vimeo.com/43755395

Here is a selection of footage recorded using remote helicopters mainly on DSLR's.

Five years ago saw Flyingcam's website(guys responsible for many many shots used in hollywood productions) and already knew it is something i'd love to do. I wanted to develop the equipment myself and go step by step. It took me some time to get it right and find a way to make the footage steady and smooth.

I realise that 8 minutes may seem a bit too long but i really struggled trying to decide what shots not to include.

Looks great indeed!

What camera are you using?
What is your maximum payload?

It's a bit long indeed: I understand you try to show everything. All shots are cool.
It can be shortened, but I should also keep this version as well.
For a short version I'd try to avoid 'repeated moves' or 'repeated concepts' as much as possible.

My advice for a shorter version:
keep first 3 shots.
Skip the running girl.
Keep the bikers.
1 shot of the racing car.
Keep the red car on the beach.
Keep the shot with car and forest. (Skip other forest shot)
Keep boat topshot and constructionsite
Keep the shot with the white chimneys and the empty parking at the stadium.
Keep 1 or 2 shots of Katmandu (?)
Keep the bikers: the 2 shots in the rainy? curve: frontal and topshot
Keep 2 shots of waterscooters (1 of them with skyline)
Keep the golgcourse
Keep 1 shot of the 'palace in the water'
Keep the car on the road.
Shorten the racingboat sequence: less shots (On the crame looks freat)
The smoking man: awsome shot! Keep it!! -> could be a great ending to put your logo in the center.
Keep the limo at night.

Now rearrange and look what else can be skipped for a short promo :p

Are you a one man crew? Fly and film, or is it a duo? One flies, while the other controls camera? I've been wanting to build an aerial unit for a couple years now. I love seeing reels like yours. Would you mind sharing anymore details about your custom build copter? I'd love to see a couple photos. (I apologize if you have any shots of your rig in the reel, as I've only had a moment to watch the first min or so. I'll be watching the whole thing when I have a moment).

I would love to see pics of your set up, I put a gopro camera on a RTF plane but then soon discovered that I was not a good pilot!

I would love to see pics of your set up, I put a gopro camera on a RTF plane but then soon discovered that I was not a good pilot!

I bought a small helicopter unit from the center keyosk at the mall. Figured the principles of flying would be similar, so I thought I'd practice a bit on a cheap flyer, before someday getting a unit for a camera. Just spent the last 30 min figuring out how to fly. Definitely going to take a lot of practice before I'd be willing to mount one of my cameras on one of these things.

Back