• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Click to Play [Comedy Web Series]

"Click to Play" is a comedy web series that I started with some friends. It's very much in style of "30 Rock" and "Seinfeld" but with a modern twist. We're releasing the pilot this Christmas and I've posted a special sneak preview link. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1khWpo1Fo

The shooting and lighting was nice on the clip (though there were some awkward shadows cast from her head onto your chest), but I didn't really feel the humor. This could certainly be for a number of reasons, the main one being that the clip was out of context. That said, I really didn't find the acting too good either (mainly the girl). Not to say that it was bad...but it felt kinda unnatural. It felt awkward, and not awkward because the two characters are awkward, but awkward because you both definitely had everything you were going to say for the whole scene rehearsed. I really enjoyed your line "that is truly an awful idea".

This brings me to a pet peeve of mine: I absolutely hate it when writers, directors, actors, so on and so forth, profess something they do as "great" or "hilarious", etc...especially if I don't find it that great for one reason or another.

I don't want to tear it all down because I actually did enjoy what I saw even though I didn't really find it humorous. It might have potential and it certainly looks really nice, I just feel like this clip doesn't really show me why I should watch. I might still just watch for the production value.

Also, out of interest, do you have some method of distribution for your films than via YouTube? I was just curios because Laughing Window looks pretty sweet and the production value with the sets and equipment and such is friggin awesome! Not typically something you'd see at this level of film making which is really awesome!

Last edited:
To me, it feels more Woody Allen than Seinfeld.

This feels like Seinfeld :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3AOmZ2fps

Best of luck with the series.

Back