Cinema Lens, EF.. what are reputable adapter companies?

So I have my little Sony Nex VG-10 which is a great little camera. However, the one issue I really struggle with is glass.

For example, Salacious and I just did a shoot where the camera provided was a BMCC EF but we lacked decent glass and it would've been useful if I had a cinema lens kicking around.

In addition, I will want to buy a raw camera in 2015 while keeping my little VG for documentary stuff and interviews. This means I would ideally want to use an adapter and the obvious choice is EF glass and buy a Rokinon or Samyang EF cinema lens. It makes sense to do it that way round because there are always EF adapters for everything out there but NEX glass is pretty much Sony-only.

I can see the Metabones adapter and the RJ adapter as well but all the functionality is irrelevant for me. The reason is I will have manual adjustments on the cinema lens so I believe fancy adapters with electronic control are pointless.

So I just need a solid EF to NEX adapter by a reputable company without autofocus, iris control etc... I just need to be able to solidly attach an EF, manual control lens on the front of an NEX. However, I have no idea what reputable companies might make something like this. Sure, I can see a load on ebay but I have no idea if any of them are solid and will do the job I want. I simply can't tell one brand from another.

Does anyone know what are reputable adapter companies I should be looking at which might offer an EF to NEX solution?

Last edited:
Back