• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Christopher Lee Espinza talks to Russian Magaine about New Media

Young visionary concept producer Christopher Lee Espinoza is in development for epic, romantic, fantasy, and reality web related series'. With his new reality web series Tats! and RecessionX, from private investors. Tattoo’s having been a unique form of art and spoof reality television shows, Christopher Lee creates a web series that encompasses human reaction after they receive a shocking tattoo. Next, is RecessionX, a web news series that will take its viewers to the streets and talk with individuals and couples whom have been forced to living in the street due to loss of employment and households. With the internet being a valid medium, Christopher Lee and many other producers from film and television are now creating visual content for the internet in hopes that this particular medium will continue to rise.

Christopher Lee, the recent recipient of an international media award, spoke to Depesha Russian Magazine about the process of creating such programs and what obstacles he faces in creating web series’.

What’s the process like in creating material for the internet?

It’s a challenge to be quite honest. I am use to designing material for commercials and music videos. 30 seconds to 4 minutes, no problem! However, I need to create a story line the is anywhere between 2 minutes and 5 minutes long, it needs to be completely visually appealing and its story needs to be captivating enough to keep people coming back. But it’s like getting paid to solve a puzzle, and I love myself a good puzzle.

What’s your relationship like with your work and the people who you assign these projects?

To be clear, my relationship to my work is anything that comes from either my life or my imagination. I have many projects in the works and each on holds part of who I am and what I have seen from this world. I love getting tattoos and I love when something unexpected happens to someone, hence TATS! I know many dancers, dancers for the stage, music videos, and even tour dancers. So, I have heard many stories from dancers about what it’s like on tour and so my colleague asked me to develop a way to tell a story using dancers and their ordeals and experiences. You see, it’s about writing what you know, you wish, and you want. As for the people I choose to work with, this time around I am taking a huge risk by asking various people from various trades and writing experience to work on these productions. A few of my writers have been around the block and others this will be a first shot at writing something that will be professionally completed. A new brand of medium require fresh eyes and a fresh taste.

We’re told there is a halt on all advertising and marketing of any and all productions, what’s the reason for holding the PR?

First off, everything is still in development and I don’t want anything compromised by prying eyes. Secondly, since this is new territory for me, I refuse to have anyone pressuring me into finishing a project. I have private funding or I am self funding many of these productions, the reason for that is very clear, less involvement and hinderance of people who just want a project shot and completed. Also, I am still doing other work for commercials and that is keeping me very busy at the moment, so I can work at my speed and the speed of my writers and associates.

What’s it like to shoot one of this webisodes?

It’s like being in film school and working on a project that you just hope turns into something. (Laughs) Working on a webisode is somewhat of a crunch time and it’s extremely fun, not like being on a professional film set at all. Same rules just less people, less equipment, and a hell of a lot less money. The overall experience is pretty good, I have met some young and talented individuals that I hope to continue working with, and our actresses and contestants have been amazing.

We hear Tats! has brought you many lawsuits, is this true?

Yes! it has brought me a little over eight law suits up till this past week. It has been a major talk around a few of the networks and in doing so lead to many networks calling me up expressing their interest in taking the show to television. Sadly, we are not ready for a release, and sadly my lawyers have advised me to keep the PR on this project extremely low, or else I would have had the best advertising for any project free of charge, hell even made my money back ten fold without even having released an episode.

Back