• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Christian Documentary on demons needs support

I'm an exorcist and am making my first documentary titled "Inferno". Inferno follows me on the many demonic cases I handle. Our fund raiser for this project runs til April 19th, 2012. Please visit www.indiegogo.com/Inferno-1 to contribute to this project. There are a lot of awesome perks for your contribution. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtAIgRVqtRM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtAIgRVqtRM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

I think your campaign could benefit from a few changes. Firstly, you need to get in front of the camera in your pitch video. This is a documentary about you and your work, right? Well then, show us who you are. Making a personal connection is a big part of crowdfunding. It's also not clear because you talk about members of the clergy but never call yourself anything but an exorcist. So, are you a member of the clergy or not? And if so, how do you plan to resolve the confidentiality issue?

Take the opening credits out of the video. If you're not a household name there's no benefit to the credits. It's a pitch video, get right down to business or you'll lose people's attention.

Your perks are way disproportionate to the donation amounts. By that I mean, to get a DVD of the film I have to donate $500? That's ridiculous. The amount you donate should be pretty close to what you would pay retail for the perk. DVDs should be $20-30.
$1,500 for 3 Sony Handycams or 1 Sony HDR-FX7 3-CMOS Sensor HDV High-Definition Handycam Camcorder. $500 for Adobe software, $500 to $1,500 for a desktop computer with film editing capabilities. $2,000 for location rental. $2,000 for travel, $1,000 for lodging, $1,000 for film supplies.
Right now it seems like you want us to give you money to buy toys. There is no reason why you need to actually buy the cameras, or a computer, or lights or sound equipment when it can all be rented for cheaper. Or better yet, find a dedicated DP, sound person, gaffer with their own equipment and pay for their services. Food, travel expense, rental fees, location costs are all reasonable things to budget and crowdfund for.

We actually need $20,000 but we cut that in half to work with and be fair with our pledgers. With $10,000 we can stretch it with discounts, clearances, coupons, and other methods to obtaining the items we need.
This statement makes me think that you haven't actually put a real budget together but are instead just guesstimating costs. That does not give me faith in your commitment to the project.

Why are you directing this? The documentary is about you, you are the subject. Someone else should be producing and directing. Are you an exorcist or a filmmaker?

That's my two cents which you can take or leave. Not trying to knock you down here, just trying to help make your campaign better. I hope it works out for you :)

Documentary or Mockumentary?

The clip you posted left me confused. There is so much hype in it that it seems like you are trying to make the next horror blockbuster. I agree with the poster above that if the film is about you, you should be the focus in the video. I am not trying to be mean but offer an opinion with the next sentence. The video is a bad cross between a trailer and a sales pitch. To make things better I think you need 2 separate videos. One trailer and one why people should help fund your film.

Best of luck to you in your search!

Back