• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Cheating Friends-Short Film

Nice. Honestly, this is considerably better than most of the work I've seen from intro-level college students, so the fact that you're doing this well in high school puts you far ahead of the curve. Nice camera work. Looks to me like you have a homemade steadicam? You should also make a homemade track and dolly. They're cheap, easy, and effective. I can send you a basic design if you're interested. You had a nice zoom-shot, when the dude is laying back on the couch, talking on the phone. Imagine how much more awesome that shot would have been on a dolly. Keep up the good work. I wish I would've started as early as you.

Thanks a lot! We didn't have a Steadicam, we just used a wagon that my friend had in his garage haha. Ya I recently have been looking into making a homemade track and dolly, i just haven't had the time to follow the tutorials. I did just get a camera jib that is pretty sweet. If anyones interested in jib shots check it out =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4wrn3kF1Q

"hang on i just got a text" try not to write the script so that the characters are narrating their life, but try to do something with the camera to show it as you would in real life with your eyes. i really liked the shots before the race of the vehicles, kind of showcasing them. did you have a budget for this film??
Overall really enjoyed it though :)

haha the acting wasnt too hott.. but we were making it for the film/editing side of it. Nah we're high school students so we didnt have any money to put into it. Thanks for the input.

Back