Changing to Mac... advise needed.

Hi everbody, I am a Windows user, and have switched to Vista for about 1 year now. I've tried editing videos on XP and Vista and they're both surprisingly slow and after a 'video clip dragging into timeline', it lags for about 1 minute before resuming. Another big problem I find with editing on Windows is that sometimes because of the slow speed, there seems to be small unwanted clips in the video.

That's why I'm planning to switch to a Macbook Pro 15"inch. Have any of you guys have had experience with this laptop and editing vidoes? Is it a good choice? I am also planning to get Final Cut Express 4 HD. Plus I want to know if there's a setting in iMovie/FCE 4 that allows you to choose the frame rate for a video so even if you add pictures/ zoom in effects, the whole video is at 16:9 format.

If you have experience with the program, can I know what cool things you can do with it? I need effects like Gun Shots...etc. If there are tutorials that'd be great.

Thanks a lot,
Jeremy

Nice metaphor oakstreetphotovideo, :). With all the comments above said, I think it's best if I invest on a big cinema display so I can plug my laptop in while at home and editing, and plug it out when I feel like checking e-mails on the couch. I also like Matte more as it doesn't give that sticky feel once you touch it and doesn't collect as much dust. However I do prefer sharper and more vivid colours. I hope the reflecting thing won't be a problem as I don't work in the sun.

Jeremy

Back