• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Changes - my first music video

It was a nice video.

Good synchronisation of the singer with the song. One of the main problems I see is the pacing of the video seems to be out of sync with the song - like the fast shot changes and the seemingly random placing of the black-and-white movie shots. The pacing for the normal shots seems to be okay, it's just thrown a bit by the speed of the action of the shots (the acting in those shots doesn't match the speed of the song).

tl;dr: The song is fairly mellow - try to have slower, or just less, shot changes and match the speed of the song to the acting.

It's pretty good.

The wides at the beginning don't work for me but the tighter shots look quite nice. I'm also not sure about moving between the black and white film shots and the normal stuff. I agree with TGFTP that you might want to take a look at the places where you switch up the pacing and whether that corresponds with the song.

I actually like the studio stuff more and don't see any reason why that couldn't have been integrated earlier. It's very rare in music videos to have the first half in one location and the second half in another, it's usually a building up of the two.

Apologies if you're also the singer but some of the vocals were out of tune ;)

But good job, it was pretty neatly done :)

I'm not the singer haha ;) , yeah I should have watched more music videos. I definitely see what you mean about the pacing issues now that you mention it.

Back