Cast and Crew BBQ

Had my first cast and crew barbeque for a film that is not yet cast and has no crew today.

It worked out great!

I invited the most talented local people, mostly a wish list, and received so many verbal commitments I regret not writing them all down. There were even people doing scenes as I made sure there were sides available.

Anyhow, just reporting in. Many excited to spread the word for crowdfunding which may have been the best surprise of all.

That's a good idea. Attract people to your project with free food. I like! Glad it went well. :)

It certainly got the networking in high gear. The "friends of" this project and word of mouth is already higher than my other projects. How much it will translate to my expectations is another question, but I'm encouraged and even a little giddy as of right now. ;)

Oh the reverse wrap party, cool idea :D

You better make sure that the food during production is at least as good; and the wrap party had better be the blowout of the ages..........

Oh what a wonderful idea! Food is always a good choice to make people be interested in your project. /If not in the project itself, at least they're interested in the food:D:D/

You better make sure that the food during production is at least as good; and the wrap party had better be the blowout of the ages..........

I was thinking the same thing. This is a perfect opportunity to gain a great reputation on that seeing the risk of not following through as well.

I havent really done that as a networking tool. Great idea. Absolutely fantastic and useful.

If it's a project of mine, i like to go to a bar with the main cast and and key crew positions to just relax, break the ice, talk about movies and general interests so that we become familiar with each other a few days before we start filming. It helps me get to know them and learn how i can direct each person individually to get what the film needs from them.

Interesting idea. I would have come for the free sausages, if I'd known... and was near. :bag:

When are you thinking of actually shooting, btw?

Interesting idea. I would have come for the free sausages, if I'd known... and was near. :bag:

When are you thinking of actually shooting, btw?

I have key cast and crew (lean for the moment on the crew side) locked down for all weekends in August and we'll have a few scenes, no doubt, in September.

I just got the film website up and running http://fivestagesofmichael.shutterfly.com/ and should have the Indiegogo campaign up in running in about a week.

Back