• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

camera Car Commercial - Ursa Mini G2 & Atlas Orion Anamorphics - Tell me what ya think!

This was my first time shooting anamorphic, and I think I fell in love! The Atlas Orion anamorphic lens series are great and very much affordable for rent in comparison to most other anamorphics. Shot on my fav camera the Ursa Mini Pro G2!

This is a spot for my brothers automotive detailing shop. First time shooting cars as well. Would love to hear any thoughts or feedback.

well im not a car guy at all so this is not an ad for me ! i am definitely not the target customer base, i dont take my van to places like this.

So take everything i say with a grain of salt..

At the beginning of the commercial the car is already immaculate so i cant tell that anything has been improved by taking it to the shop.
if it just started with the water and wet car then the storyline would make more sense to me - also it would make your commercial clearer.

It took like 10 seconds for me to realize that its for car detailing and not a car dealership trying to sell me automobiles

I think there are too many shots of the car being detailed and not enough shots of how good it looks after its been finished.
you might benefit from fancy shots of a polished waxed car that I wish mine looked like instead of duplicate shots of a wet car being scrubbed.

It looks like your entire color palette is just monochrome blue and i think that is really bland.
I would like to see more color thrown in

im just being a critic here, i've never even made a commercial.
maybe this is better than anything i could make, who knows!! but this is my feedback lol.

the production quality looks great so there is nothing wrong with any of the images that i see

Last edited:
well im not a car guy at all so this is not an ad for me ! i am definitely not the target customer base, i dont take my van to places like this.

So take everything i say with a grain of salt..

At the beginning of the commercial the car is already immaculate so i cant tell that anything has been improved by taking it to the shop.
if it just started with the water and wet car then the storyline would make more sense to me - also it would make your commercial clearer.

It took like 10 seconds for me to realize that its for car detailing and not a car dealership trying to sell me automobiles

I think there are too many shots of the car being detailed and not enough shots of how good it looks after its been finished.
you might benefit from fancy shots of a polished waxed car that I wish mine looked like instead of duplicate shots of a wet car being scrubbed.

It looks like your entire color palette is just monochrome blue and i think that is really bland.
I would like to see more color thrown in

im just being a critic here, i've never even made a commercial.
maybe this is better than anything i could make, who knows!! but this is my feedback lol.

the production quality looks great so there is nothing wrong with any of the images that i see
Thank you!
There will be more videos I do sort of in a series that dive deeper into what the business does, this was kind of intended to just display the passion behind the work. I hear you though, I'm excited to show more of a contrast between the before and after versions of these cars in their various states.
It's also a pretty exclusively niche/high end market that the business services so the majority of the time their cars are never really very dirty to begin with.
Appreciate the constructive criticism!

Last edited:
It looks professional, but few times when camera shakes it drifts you away. I think you should use more slow motion and like a sliding shot from one side, focus to another, like those typical shots in car commercials that kinda highlights the product on the screen and it could be a bit shorter since it's a commercial. Keep it up! :)

Last edited:
I love this small commercial. I agree with Susan. The shot on 00:30, 00:31,00:33, 00:45 and 00:47 is in a different tone. Ce can you warp stabilise it a bit or do you get strange artefacts this way?

Back