• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

cant transfer, is my HV30 broken?

Hi!

Ive been trying to transfer my footage from my Canon HV30 camera with both FInal Cut pro 3 and final cut X and imovie without success. Im afraid my camera is broken. Here´s what i tried:

1) new cable to eliminate broken cable
2) tried with all different kind of settings in final cut (my footage is in HDV)
3) resetting the camera with the reset button on the camera
4) here: /About This Mac/More Info/System Report/Firewire it just says that Ive got a firewirebus up to 800 Mbit/s

Question:
1) Any special setting for output on the HV30 or any other setting that I might consider
2) how can I see if my camera have any contact with the computer at all? any where in system preferences or anywhere else?
3) I tried with the HDMI output into my projector and that works without problems. Are there any way of converting that into firewire for input into my Mac?
4) Can it be some problem with operatingsystem? using 10.7.5

I got two macs and tried with both:
  • Mac OS X 10.7.5, 2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7 with: out from camera -> FW400 HD -> FW400-FW800 cable -> FW800 input in MAC

• Mac OS X 10.7.5, Intel Core 2 Duo with: out from camera -> FW400 HD -> FW400-FW800 cable -> FW800 input in MAC

Last edited:
Back