• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

website CAN’T FIND FINANCING FOR YOUR FILM PROJECT? HERE ARE 7 DIRECT STEPS TO SECURING CAPITAL FUNDING FOR YOUR LIFE’S DREAM!

Hi there! I work with Moving Pictures Media Group, I run the Development Division. Ray Ellingsen (one of the partners at MPMG) wrote this article and I thought it would be educational to the independent film makers out there.

"As film makers, the last thing most of us want to deal with is the mind-numbing, and oft times emotionally crippling process of raising money to finance our projects. While we would like to be able to focus on our craft, it was Samuel Z. Arkoff who gave us all a reality check when he stated that “The film business is 95% business and 5% film.”

And, in the current climate of film-making (ironic that it’s still called “film-making”, even though almost no one actually shoots on film anymore), where anyone with fifty bucks, a few friends, an iPhone, and a terrible idea can shoot a movie and post it to YouTube, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to convince financiers to commit any substantial amount of money to fund an independent feature.

To be sure, there are solutions to this dilemma, but before we get into that, let’s identify some of the issues that film makers are faced with today."

https://www.movingpicturesmg.com/film-funding/

I have attached the link to our website with the full article, hope you find it as helpful as I did!

Grace

Back