• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Can't export to pdf...

I've tried everything, but everytime the pdf writes, it opens with the error message 'font not set' on every page, which are all blank.

I'm using Cinergy and their helpdesk (very helpful by the way) have struggled but found no cure, so ive left it with them.

Are there any other programs for the time being that I can quickly use to export my script to pdf? Ideally something I can just export to X, import X into the new program and save to pdf?

Downloaded but I can't import correctly. Cinergy's rtf export messes up the formatting and copy and paste simplifies the formatting. Any good ways of exporting from cinergy or getting the file into openoffice without messing up the formatting? The best was rtf but like, the scene headings were tabbed an inch to the left of everything else and the right margin was too far also.

PrimoPDF...

Rankles said:
I've tried everything, but everytime the pdf writes, it opens with the error message 'font not set' on every page, which are all blank.

I'm using Cinergy and their helpdesk (very helpful by the way) have struggled but found no cure, so ive left it with them.

Are there any other programs for the time being that I can quickly use to export my script to pdf? Ideally something I can just export to X, import X into the new program and save to pdf?
Rankles,

When I need to export from Cinergy to PDF, I use PrimoPDF... It installs and acts as a printer... It's FREE and has never let me down...

filmy

Rankles,

I just UNINSTALLED Cinergy... Downloaded it again. Uninstalled PrimoPDF... Downloaded it again. Just so I could start fresh to see if this would still all come together...

Everything is STILL working fine so I could not duplicate your problems... Just in case you want to give it another shot however, here's what I suggest:

1) Uninstall Cinergy.
2) Uninstall PrimoPDF.
3) Download latest Cinergy and install.
4) Download PrimoPDF and install.
5) Open Cinergy -- load your screenplay.
6) From Cinergy, click the Print icon or click File > Print.
7) Now the Print Preview window should be opened up. At the top of the Print Preview window, click on the "Print" button at the top.
8) Now, the smaller Print window should have popped up for you. In the upper right hand corner, click on the "Setup" button.
9) Now the Print Setup window should be open. Click on the pull-down menu next to "Name:" and locate PrimoPDF and select it -- then click on the "OK" button.
10) Now you are BACK to your small Print window and it should now state that PrimoPDF has been selected. Click on the "OK" button.
11) Now the PrimoPDF window should be popped up asking where you want to save your pdf file and what name you want to save it under. Go ahead and type this stuff in...
12) Under PDF settings in the PrimoPDF window, make sure the Screen radio box is checked and double check your directory and file name then click the "OK" button.

That's it... I just tried it again and it worked perfectly...

Hope it works for you...

filmy

Rankles: if you're willing to send the cinergy file to me, I'd be willing to export a pdf for you and send it back. :)

Hate to see someone in need of something I can fix and not at least offer to help.

A tip here is go to adobe.com and create an account and you can convert up to 5 free PDF's online. Now the cool thing is no email activation is required so you can keep registering under different addresses and get 5 free PDF's each time (as long as you remember the password/username!!!).

Back