• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Canon T3i 60fps Slow Motion Test Footage

Hey guys I went out and shot some test footage for the technique of turning 60fps into 24fps. I think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think!
Also I'm going to be filming wedding scenes so I needed some practice with this technique.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHc0C5et0EU

I think there's so little movement in any one of those shots that the effect is completely lost. You need a subject with movement to make the effect work: pedestrians on the sidewalk, traffic driving by, geese taking off from the lake, joggers on a trail. Shoot something that will benefit from slow-mo.

And just to make it interesting, shoot something other than "test footage." Even if you're testing new gear or a new technique, make something of it. There are umpteen billion "test videos" all over YT and Vimeo, and most of them tell the viewer absolutely nothing. The best way to learn is to try and use it for actual storytelling. Make a piece on movement. Use pulsing music to explore movement in the city, in wildlife... in anything. Just have fun with it.

Back